Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Turn out for C.I.T.Y. @ CITY HALL -- May 4, 6:30 p.m.

Chickens in the Yard (C.I.T.Y.) will be giving a presentation at City Hall on Monday, May 4th, and we need to fill council chambers with supporters. This is more important than ever, because as time passes and they hear less about chickens, they have begun to back away.

To affect change, we must keep the pressure on. We have worked too long and too hard to give up now, so I ask you to please come and bring your friends and families. Please stand when I ask all supporters in the room to do so.

They will not be voting on our proposal this night, but we have new information to present since our last presentation 8 weeks ago that could persuade them in the right direction. We also need to show them that we are not going away but have instead, grown stronger and more determined.

Please plan on attending:
May 4th at 6:30 to 8:30 pm – Salem City Hall, 555 Liberty St, Room 240
(this room extends over the parking lot).

If you have a petition with signatures, please email me at salemchickens@yahoo.com so I can make arrangements to pick it up as soon as possible. I would like to present all petitions to the Mayor on Monday night.
RELATED:

Nice website with photo-illustrated guide for building a nice home for some hens.

No comments: